The way his hands could hold a pick, strumming it along the iron strings of a guitar.
The way his bandaged fingers glided along the porcelain keys of a piano.
The way his vocal chords carried out a melody, not missing one single note while still managing to sing beautifully.
All of those things were part of his instinct.
Falling in love with that boy; well, that was part of mine.
When Grace Walker joins a music class, she meets Justin Bieber, a boy consumed with his passion for music. Spending more and more time practicing with him drowns Grace in thoughts of love. Justin however is blinded by his melody and doesn't notice anything else in the world. Grace then tries to make him acknowledge her with the one thing that would make her stand out; music.
"Two people can look at the same thing and see it differently."
Categories: Characters: Justin Bieber
, Kenny Hamilton
, Original Character (female)
, Original Character (male)
, Pattie Mallette
, Ryan Butler
, Ryan Good
, Scooter Braun
Genre: RomanceLength: Novel Length (50,000+ words)Tags: schoolWarnings: Graphic Violence
Challenges: Series: Instinct; The Series
Banners made by broken&blue@tda. The promo video was made by breathelove. I own nothing but my O/C's and the plot line. I do not own Justin Bieber, Juilliard, or anything else that may seem familiar.
1. prologue - acceptance by purplestain [Reviews - 57] (324 words)
The school of Juilliard is congratulating you on your acceptance.
2. chapter one - abrupt interference by purplestain [Reviews - 26] (1588 words)
"Play me something."
3. chapter two - alone by purplestain [Reviews - 17] (1940 words)
"Grace Walker, you're going to be the death of me."
4. chapter three - little coffee shop by purplestain [Reviews - 24] (1834 words)
"-all I would listen to was Home by Michael Buble."
5. chapter four - excitement by purplestain [Reviews - 19] (2059 words)
"-now that you’ve met the family, let’s start practicing for the horror show next Wednesday.”
6. chapter five - staring onlookers by purplestain [Reviews - 21] (2048 words)
"I'm so scared."
7. chapter six - the war begins by purplestain [Reviews - 35] (2171 words)
“So, what took you so long?”
8. chapter seven - meet the walkers by purplestain [Reviews - 22] (2092 words)
“That must be hard, huh? Not having your parents around-"
9. chapter eight - whole new outlook by purplestain [Reviews - 21] (1191 words)
"You're really beautiful, Grace."
10. chapter nine - lost in thought by purplestain [Reviews - 14] (1166 words)
-whenever something good happened, it would always come to an end sooner or later.
11. chapter ten - keeping secrets by purplestain [Reviews - 15] (1655 words)
"I just want to know what happened."
12. chapter eleven - cheeks turned red by purplestain [Reviews - 15] (1491 words)
"-I’m sure my song will made your cheeks turn red.”
13. chapter twelve - new experiences by purplestain [Reviews - 13] (2078 words)
"-I can’t take it anymore, Grace."
14. chapter thirteen - true colours by purplestain [Reviews - 16] (2253 words)
"I’ll just go back to Ohio and save up."
15. chapter fourteen - realization by purplestain [Reviews - 14] (1105 words)
"So, Im thinking McDonald's?"
16. chapter fifteen - the last time by purplestain [Reviews - 31] (1920 words)
"This is the last time I'm asking you this-"
17. chapter sixteen - ten thousand by purplestain [Reviews - 14] (2772 words)
"I want to remember New York this way."
18. chapter seventeen - home by purplestain [Reviews - 14] (1270 words)
“What you’re about to do – that’d ruin my life.”
19. chapter eighteen - moving in by purplestain [Reviews - 12] (1756 words)
"-why don’t you let me unpack, and you go practice it?"
20. chapter nineteen - permanent by purplestain [Reviews - 14] (1215 words)
"I guess two people can look at the same thing and see it differently."
21. chapter twenty - a to b by purplestain [Reviews - 18] (1341 words)
And so it was Grace.
22. chapter twenty-one - estuary by purplestain [Reviews - 16] (2447 words)
-they curled up, mumbling sweet nothing's to each other.
READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED
23. chapter twenty-two - the end by purplestain [Reviews - 16] (8155 words)
All of those things were part of his instinct. Falling in love with that boy; well, that was part of mine-
24. epilogue - another interruption by purplestain [Reviews - 16] (595 words)
It was like a second nature to him, an instinct to play the instrument.
read end notes!
25. SEQUEL NEWS by purplestain [Reviews - 3] (57 words)
26. SEQUEL IS UP by purplestain [Reviews - 2] (3 words)
Read for the link.